That changed last year. And this year, the Viscera's panel of judges is an especially impressive group of industry veterans. They are:
* Mary Harron (director, American Psycho)
* Steve Niles (author, 30 Days of Night)
* Elizabeth Stanley (producer, Trailers from Hell)
* Tony DiBlasi (director, Dread)
* Dew Daywalt (director, Leprechaun's Revenge)
* Barbara Peeters (director, Humanoids from the Deep)
* John Skipp (author, Mondo Zombie)
* Michelle Maxwell McLaren (director, The Walking Dead)
* Mary Lambert (director, Pet Semetary)
* Emily Hagins (My Sucky Teen Romance)
This year the Viscera will screen on July 7, 2012, at the American Cinematheque’s Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, California.
For a behind-the-scenes look at horror film festivals and the festival directors who manage them, see Horror Film Festivals and Awards. This book also includes a directory of over 200 horror film festivals, and a list of festival award winners from dozens of festivals over several decades.